Tuesday, September 14, 2010

MDX - LinkMember

I've been working with MDX in ASO much more lately.  Databases just keep getting bigger and bigger and they no longer perform well in BSO.  Having worked with relational databases and sql for years before stumbling into Essbase, I am really enjoying working with MDX.  The similarities with sql make it a much better match for me than report scripts, which I generally avoid at all costs.

LinkMember is my MDX friend-of-the-day.  I was working with a database that has multiple-hierarchies enabled for the entity dimension and was struggling to get a currency conversion MDX formula to work with the shared members of the alternate hierarchies.  Turns out LinkMember was the solution.  Take a look at it in the 11.1.1.3 techref.

No comments:

Post a Comment